A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Thursday, December 3, 2015

A found day off is like a snow day

9:00 am Wednesday morning.

What to do when you have an unexpected day off and it's cold and rainy out?  Why knit of course.

You would think it was that simple too, except that there are more than a few projects on my needles:

 

Thing #1's socks, knit 2@ a time, toe up on magic loop.  A no-brainer really since I just have 22 stitches to bind off. The yarn is Plymouth Select Superwash Merino (Worsted: 100% Superwash Merino, 218 yards). 


A Skee Ball Scarf for my daughter who is giving it as a gift; the yarn is DeAire (Super Bulky: 100% Merino, 109 yards).

 

A store sample of my Karma Chameleon scarf in Wonderland Yarns Cheshire Cat multi skein pack (Fingering: 100% Merino, 640 yards made up of 5 mini skeins).

Big Damn Heroes and French CanCan which are languishing in a basket, relegated to last place while I finish up my obligatory knits.

THEN, I'm feeling the urge to knit a sweater.  Do I, a. knit one already designed that I have the yarn for like Gowanus  in Lana Grande (Super Bulky: 100% wool, 87 yards)?

or, b. swatch/sketch for a design I have in mind.

OR a little bit of everything like a ADD butterfly that must flutter around every flower it sees.

We all know it's the ADD butterfly approach.

 

By the end of the day, here was the tally:

Socks done.  It would've been ridiculous to put off finishing these (even though they have been sitting on the kitchen table since Sunday).

 

Skee Ball scarf done.  Might as well clear the decks of obligations.

 

French CanCan came out of time out for a few repeats of the border.  This is going to take a while!

I did sketch out the sweater I have in mind.  No swatching yet.


I got a few rows done on my Karma Chameleon for Westport Yarns. I have no idea what I did while editing to get a border around this picture.


Random puppy picture.  I was clearing out a bookcase and Harry sat down at my feet, on my foot. Can we just all say, "awww".


No comments: