A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Round Robin Knitting

We are now in the "heydays" of knitting.  The weather is (mostly) crisp and cool.  There are inspirational yarns and projects everywhere.

I don't practice project monogamy. There are just too many things I want to knit. I am doing my darnedest to keep to what is currently on my needles. Some people might focus on one project at a time, finish it off and go on to the next.  I admire their discipline. Instead I am playing my own game of knitter's round robin.  When I sit down for my evening's knitting I spend some time on each project.  


There are two holiday gifts in progress.  One is a scarf in Berroco Gusto (Super Bulky: 45% wool, 45% acrylic, 10% viscose, 70 yards.)


The other is my Essence Pullover in Tahoe (Aran: 32% Nylon, 27% Wool, 25% Alpaca, 16% Yak, 179 yards).  This yarn is a pleasure to work with. Even though this is my own design, I have to say that I've been wearing our store sample of the sweater and it's very comfortable.  I don't normally wear turtlenecks unless it's bitter cold out.  This turtleneck sits like a boatneck so the fabric isn't against my neck and I don't get too warm.


I'm more than halfway through my Watercolor Shawl that I'm knitting as a scarf, in Artyarns Ensemble Light (DK: 50% Cashmere, 50% Silk, 400 yards).  


The pattern calls for alternating between two colorways every two rows. I went so far as to weigh the yarn I had left to see how much I had left.  Then I worked another repeat and re-weighed the yarn to see how much each repeat was using.  Based on my findings, I can work 5-6 more repeats before working the bottom garter border.


I revisited the French CanCan scarf I had been working on before I realized I had changed the final border inadvertently. I ripped it out and began again. It may be hard to see in the picture; if you start at the top at about 11 o'clock you'll see a column of knit stitches.  About halfway down that column changes to something else.  That's what I had to redo. It sat in time out for awhile until I got over ripping it back.
 

The yarn is Anzula Cricket (DK: 80% Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Nylon, 250 yards).


Oh, and Frieze for a shop sample/class that I'm knitting with Big Merino Cloud (Aran: 80% Merino, 20% Cashmere goat, 219 yards) and Extra (Aran: 55% Alpaca, 45% Merino, 218 yards).

Next up in the round robin queue is Frieze.

On a technical note, for reasons beyond my computer technical skills, certain pictures refused to center. Bygones.

No comments: