A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Sights and Sounds of Rhinebeck


We started our day online at 8:30 for a 9 am gate opening.  It was in the low 40's and we were layered in warm clothes, winter coats, and our knitted winter woolies. The line wasn't too bad, we were still on the path. By the time the gates opened, the line was well into the parking lot.

Our first stop was Miss Babs where people were packed closer than sardines in the booth. We politely elbowed our way in, found what we liked and elbowed our way out. People were (for the most part) patient. I do have to admit that it was so crowded in the booth that it was not fun.  I know, I know, it begs the question.  Why do we do it? It's a thing.  That's all I can say.


Once I had my yarn, I went to find my sister on line. The line went OUT of the building.  This was our perspective in line.  The building was on the upper right.  While on the line, we made friends with the woman next to us. That's one of the things that makes lines manageable is the conversations with people on line with us.

The other thing that makes waiting in line tolerable is that we can knit while we wait.


The fall foliage was at its best.


The cold weather did not keep us from out appointed rounds (yes, us and the postman). We zig-zagged all over the fairgrounds.  


There were festival food favorites to be had. How's that for an alliteration?

We had to talk with the animals.

 

And some of them talked back.


There was even a push me - pull you.  Best part about that was the lady standing next to us that cracked up at my reference.  So nice when I'm not dating myself in front of people who don't know what I'm talking about.


We ran into old friends.


We saw many beautiful knits that inspired us and were added to our lists. I don't know the name of the white sweater. I did find out about the others.

Yellow sweater is Rowe, the sweater calls for worsted.  Rowe is a gorgeous longish sweater coat with amazing cables. The knitter was a small woman and to make the sweater smaller she knit Rowe with DK weight yarn.  I'm very intrigued by this because I love the sweater, however I don't want a big sweater coat. The blue sweater is Russian Hill and the gray sweater is Triticum.


At night it was time to unwind, have a beverage



and play with yarn.







No comments: