A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, August 3, 2015

Misssion: Super Bulky Hat

I've been tasked with designing a super bulky hat for the shop in one of the new yarns we got in for the fall. The yarn is Lang Virginia (Super Bulky: 100% Wool, 54 yards).


I set myself up outside on this perfect Sunday morning with all the necessities: tea, stitch dictionaries,  and Tucker to keep me company.  He can be my muse.


Would you believe the damn dog fooled me into giving up my seat?! He got off the table, whined by the door.  When I got up to let him into the house, he jumped into my seat.

Stinker.


Having identified several stitch patterns that fit my vision for the hat, I set about swatching to see which pattern I liked best. The yarn calls fro #13-#15.  I used #15 for the first three stitches from bottom to top.

I found the stitch I liked the best, second from the top of the swatch and 


worked it up on a smaller needle, #13.
 
Now I'm ready to begin testing the pattern.

I need a name for the hat.  Please leave a comment with a suggestion for a name. I'll assign a random number generator to choose a winner. Whoever wins will get a free copy of the pattern and a skein of yarn to knit the hat.

Let the games begin....

3 comments:

Carol said...

"I ain't afraid of no snow!"

Susan O. said...

The Tucker Hat is my suggestion for the pattern name.

auntmeanie682 said...

"Tuckers hat"