A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, April 20, 2015

Place your votes

When I'm in the midst of designing, especially when there is a deadline involved, everything goes on the back burner.

While it's blocking I can now pick up where I left off and turn to some recreational knitting (I think I've just coined a new term).

First I have to reconstruct what I was working on and where I put it.  No matter how organized I like to think I am, I'm not.  I fill bags with things that need to go to different rooms - and then don't empty them for weeks or months. Add to that the dogs recent interest as yarn as a toy and I am facing quite a treasure hunt.


I uncovered Gamine, this was to be my transition into spring garment.  The yarn I'm using is Swans Island Washable Wool (Aran: 100% organic merino, 100 yards).


It could still happen, I have to finish the bottom border, neck border and whatever happens to the armholes. Well, I may be sweating in it if spring comes before I'm done.  I. am. wearing. this. - at least once before packing it away for the fall.

So now, what to knit next?

 © Louise Zass-Bangham

Song of the Sea Infinity Scarf to be knit with  


Island Yarn Pagoda (Fingering: 65% Merino, 25% Bamboo, 500 yards). A pattern with the word "sea" in it has to be knit in a color with blues (in my opinion).


Mirasol Nuna (Sport: 40% Silk, 40% Wool, 20% Bamboo, 191 yards). 


Book FAM Fatto A Mano #218, #52 Pullover to be knit with  


Lang Yarns, Filo (Sport: 75% cotton, 25% nylon, 219 yards).
 

Big Damn Heroes to be knit with 

 

Dragonfly Pixie (Fingering: 100% superwash merino, 475 yards).

As I look over my choices, I noticed the following:
  • They are all fine weight yarns (fingering or sport) which means tiny needles for me.
  • With the exception of Song of the Sea, all the colors are outside of my (color) box.
  • They are all lace projects.
  • Two of them are projects my sister knit and I have to copy her. She found them first and they looked cool. Which two you're wondering? Song of the Sea and Big Damn Heroes.
So I'd like your help in deciding. While I'm winding yarn and locating the right needles, place your vote for my next project. Until the votes are in I will be waiting and swatching.


The dogs are sleeping on it.

2 comments:

auntmeanie682 said...

I vote for Big Damn Heroes; looks like a very interesting pattern.

Anonymous said...

Mirasol Nuna is awesome. You should knit that project.

I might be biased.