A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

What was I thinking?

I put aside most non-holiday/baby related knitting projects at the beginning of September. One in particular was Not Just Plain Jane's Super Crescent Shawlette in a lovely shade of Sapphire blue yarn  from The Copper Corgi Fiber Studio Savannah Sock (Fingering: 100% Merino, 460 yards).


As part of my deadline knitting 7th inning stretch, I decided to revisit this project. What I found was a conundrum.  I had the whole project on a stitch holder, there were two random stitch markers on one section, and


I had begun to work a row above the stitch holder but stopped mid way. Clearly something was amiss

You'd think I'd leave a note or a trail of breadcrumbs, but no, there was no clue.

I rashly pulled out the stitch markers, the pattern didn't require them. I threw caution to the wind. Once I was sure I wouldn't unravel the whole piece, I slowly pulled out the needle.

Rechecking 300+ stitches in a "Jane" pattern is no picnic; I can tell you that from experience.  Still, I gave it the good old college try. 

Then the proverbial light blub went off. (It looked just like the picture too, cute little fella.) I remembered that Jane was coming into the shop for a meeting.  See where this is going?


I explained my scenario and asked her to look it over.  Jane, ever helpful, sat down to look it over.  I got out the OTT light to shed some literal light on the situation.

The conclusion was that it was fine.  She read the row, purled back, and knit the next row of the pattern just to be sure.  Big sigh of relief.  Thank you, Jane!  Now I can go back to this project with new found confidence. 

The moral of the story is that you never know when you are setting a project aside for a few hours, days, or months.  LEAVE DETAILED NOTES.  Enough said.

1 comment:

davali20012002 said...

How blessed are we to have Jane in our corner!!!! <3 Love the color, Pam!!!!