A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, April 21, 2014

What are little boys made of?


What are little boys made of?
Slugs and snails
And puppy-dogs' tails,
That's what little boys are made of.
 
Someone very dear to me has been expecting her second child.  She's been on bed rest because this little guy has been trying to get out early.  
 
When we learned that they were going to let her deliver early I googled preemie head sizes.  A full-term baby hat was not going to cover it (pun not intended). Here is the link to that information.
 

 He was born this weekend before I could even cast on for the baby hat! 
 
I was already working on a receiving blanket for him.  
 
 
The pattern is from Sublime Book #668, Sublime Parsley Blanket.  I'm knitting it with Berroco Comfort DK (DK: 50% Nylon, 50% Acrylic, 178 yards). I modified the pattern to have the welts repeat.  In the original pattern the welts create an inner border.  Anyway, now I had to knit faster!  
 
 
 
Then my finger got guched (old family word for a gouge kind of cut) as I was moving my chair.  The darn thing wouldn't stop bleeding.  Thing #1 had to pinch knit for me. There was no time to lose. Everyone should have a pinch-knitter or your "second" if it was dueling.  Random thoughts.

 
 
I'm bandaged up and determined now!

No comments: