A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Friday, December 13, 2013

Simple & Easy Fingerless Gloves


 These gloves knit up quickly within a couple of days; great for last minute gifts. 

Experience Level: Adventurous Advanced Beginner

Designed with the beginner in mind. I’ve provided links to illustrations of Make 1 (M1) increases, working with double pointed needles, knitting through the back loop, the thumb method cast on, and picking up stitces. If you have bought a hard copy of the pattern, visit dummies.com and type in these techniques to gain access to the illustrations.

To Fit Hand Circumference: Child 6.5-7.5” (Adult Small/Medium 7.5-8”, Adult Medium/Large 8-9”) 
 
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Riva (Bulky: 70% Wool, 30% Acrylic, 87 yards). 1 (1, 2) skeins required. Color #2 is pictured.

Click here for pattern link.
 
 Knitting daily did an email about fingerless gloves last week, very timely (for me). Kathleen Cubley, the editor, expressed it perfectly: "I know it's counter-intuitive, but fingerless mitts really do keep my fingers warm. I don't know why; maybe there's a doctor out there who can explain that for me! Basically, fingerless mitts are great for wearing anytime you need your fingers free for texting, typing, playing the piano, going to the ATM, dialing the phone, you get the idea."

We turn the heat down at night at the shop, so when I come in the morning, it is cold! Also, when I'm working behind the counter, the wall behind me is an outside wall and is cold! I love having an assortment of fingerless gloves to fit my wardrobe.  Also, I have to admit that I keep a pair by my bed for when it gets really cold at night.

The colors in Riva are perfect because each colorway has a range of colors.  It's like getting the toy surprise in a box of Cracker Jacks. 

No comments: