A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, June 3, 2013

Fun and Funky



This is a very entertaining sweater.  I'm enjoying it on many levels.  For one thing, I'm playing with Noro yarns which I always enjoy.  This pattern, #26 Cropped Jacket calls for two different color ways that are used in stripes for contrast.  Although there is some token purple and blue parts, it is largely outside my normal color schemes.


The pattern itself fascinates me because it the individual pieces are knit in unusual shapes and directions.  There are short rows and notches that make for unusual construction.  The two pieces above are the fronts.

It reminds me of the paper dolls that you had to assemble by folding over various notches to make it come together.


The back is knit sideways with corresponding notches that play into assembly.



The front and backs are pieced together by matching the notches.


The shoulder seams are sewn.


The sleeves are then picked up and knit down with further use of short rows for shaping the cap of the sleeve.  I've knit sleeves from the top down before with short rows, however, there is something about seeing the color delineate the shaping that is really cool.

Keep an eye out for this on the fall Westport Yarns class schedule!


It's been a while since I included puppy pix.  
Harry really sleeps in unusual positions!


 

Yes, he fell asleep with is nose tucked into my project bag.


Best friends.  This picture makes me think of the line, "A best friend is someone who is sitting next to you in jail saying, 'that was really awesome'".

No comments: