A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Take a trip with me

I am extremely proud and happy to show you a sweater I designed for Tahki this spring.
 
The pattern is called Destinations Top Down Pullover.
 

It's featured in the Tahki Spring/Summer booklet, Intermix. 


It is what I would call a highly knitable and wearable sweater.  Knit from the top down means there  are no seams to be sewn.  There are now borders or edgings to add.  Just weave in your ends when you're done and it is ready to wear.  I really love this sweater (even if I do say so myself - and I do).

Oh!  What is the yarn, you may ask? Rosa (Aran: 100% thick/thin cotton, 93 yards).  The yarn does all the work in this sweater.  It's designed to be fitted, so if you want more ease, knit a size up.  I knit the medium.  

Considering that I can't leave well enough alone, I even modified my own design when I knit it for myself.  I made the sleeves 3/4 length by binding off after the final sleeve decrease and I knit the body length to be 2" longer than the pattern calls for.

The white sweater is on display at Westport Yarns, it will be a class this May. I plan on knitting another sweater in black.  It's a terrific three season sweater.




No comments: