A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Color My Affection

To recap ~ I love my colors, they are electric.
Modifications to pattern ~ I put in a yarnover in between two border garter stitches, then on the way back, I dropped the yarnover.  This alleviated the pulling in of the sides by carrying the strands not in use.  Organicgreenthumb on Ravelry described it well here.

I bound off using Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off. I think the bind off row took as much time as the whole project.

Before blocking, the measurements were 13.5" wide x 84".
I soaked it in Eucalan wool wash while making dinner.  I was able to easily block it to the finished measurements of 22" x 94".  The combination of the added yarnovers while knitting and the stretchy bind off really made a big difference.

In case you're interested in what was used/left:

  • I had 33g out of 113g of the main color left (used 70%).
  • 57 g left of contrast color 1.  Ravelry didn't have the weight of the skein, I'm guessing I used about half a skein.
  • 32g out of 100g of contrast color 2 (used 68%).





No comments: