A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Friday, July 6, 2012

Very Cool

Earlier this year I had the opportunity to design a sweater for Tahki Stacy Charles.  I was supremely excited about this.  At TNNA, I knew Stacy Charles would be in attendance in his booth and I very much wanted to meet him.  For me, he's like one of the "knitterati".  I've been knitting with Tahki yarns and patterns for years.
The Tahki booth was one of the largest and it was so cool to see my sweater hanging on the racks with the other designs. 
I had just put on the sweater when he came over and I introduced myself.  When I asked to take a picture with him, he asked me if I wanted the sweater buttoned.  I (probably stammered) said yes and Beth kept snapping away with the camera.
I have to admit, she caught a great moment for me.
It was a proud moment for me and a pleasure to meet him.
The sweater was named "Shakespeare Cardigan" and will be a free pattern during the fall.  I will happily be knitting one in purple.  The yarn is Donegal Tweed a worsted weight yarn.
This year is a "twofer" for me. I will also have a hat design in Iris Schreier's new book, One + One Hats, due out this fall.  These are two skein projects.  The hat is knit with two skeins of Ultra Bulky:  one solid and one variegated and is pretty cool if I do say so myself.
It was great to meet Taui Landra of Koigu Wool Designs.  She actually met Joe a couple of years ago when he spoke at a Yarn Market News Conference.  He was quite happy that he met her and I hadn't.  Now we are even.  What a treat it was to look through all the Koigu colors.  It was hard to narrow them down!

No comments: