A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Friday, May 4, 2012

At Loose Ends

After finishing such an intense and satisfying project as Catkin, I am totally at loose ends for what to knit next (pun unavoidable). It's the same way I feel when I finish a really good book, I just don't know what I feel like reading next.

On the Catkin note, I've worn it twice this week.  Thank you chilly spring weather.  Using the Catkin Ravelry page as a dressing guideline, I've worn it two completely different ways.  The class starts this Sunday at Westport Yarns and there are 2 spaces left.
The Linen Stitch workshop is coming up next month, so I figured that's a good place to start.  
We are using the Koigu Linen Stitch Scarf pattern.  I picked out 3 very unlikely colors for the sample; that is, unlikely for me to pick out.
 Harry was very disconcerted by the movement of swift and ball winder, you can tell because his ears are kind of turned in two different directions.  He was also whimpering, you'll have to take my word on that.
 He overcame his discomfort when he saw yarn dangling within his reach.
 Check out these colors!  I don't know what's come over me.  Margaret (from Westport Yarns) thinks it may be a vitamin deficiency or something.  Maybe Mercury is in retrograde.
Then there are all these pretty ribbons.  There is a design to be had for a decorative scarf.  I wouldn't be using them together.  I just don't know which one I'll use first.

I have a love/hate relationship in the never-never land between a finished project and starting something new.  I love the idea of new color, new yarn, and a different pattern.  I hate the feeling of unrest from not having decided.  It is a dichotomy.





No comments: