A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekend Review

I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend.  It was wonderful spending time with family. 

Driving time afforded me the time for more mindful knitting.  I'm loving the pattern for Ruth's Entrelac Butterfly shawl.  The pattern is written for fingering/sport weight yarn. 

The open entrelac at the bottom of the shawl works beautifully with the long color repeats of Taiyo.  I'm knitting backwards rather than turning it back and forth for knit/purl.  I have to give Joe credit, he actually noticed that I was knitting differently.  I didn't think he paid that close attention.  Points for him.
 While visiting my cousin for Passover, she showed me a Ladies Cardigan she started from the SMC Select Moments, No. 14, in dark blue Rosas yarn.  We just got this pattern book in the shop so I was especially excited to see a pattern from it worked up.
 We saw the best license plate ever on the drive home from New Jersey.  If you can't make it out, it says "knitmom".  I'm thinking I might like a vanity plate!

I thought I would work on Catkin while I was with people, because the section 1, the striped section, is reasonable to carry on a conversation and knit at the same time.
 We had Matzo Brie at Mom's house.  A HUGE  family favorite.  She made nearly double the recipe and could have made more. 
 My sister is starting Catkin as well.  She's knitting with Madelinetosh tosh sock as well.

She also swatched for Lintilla.  
 The yarn she's using she picked up at Rhinebeck (at least I think it was Rhinebeck) a couple of years ago. It's fingering weight Pearl Sox yarn from Oak Grove, the color is Dream.
She also finished Corinne from the first Westport Yarns Knit-a-long.  Our mother wants one too.  She has a few modifications:  longer sleeves and bring the neckline up higher. 

I love how there are knitters where ever I go to share with. 




















No comments: