A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, April 16, 2012

I Love This Yarn!

 I thoroughly enjoyed working with Noro Taiyo for Ruth's Entrelac Butterfly Shawl.  It's  a perfect blend of 40% Cotton, 30% Silk, 15% Nylon, and 15% Wool.  I loved how it felt when I knit with it.  The vibrancy of the colors really pleased me.
I got gauge with a  #4 needle.  I decided to knit it on one needle smaller for two reasons.  One, the colors appeared more vibrant.  Two, since it was a cotton blend, I knew it might ultimately grow a bit.  The smaller needle size would counter act that a bit.

The dimensions before blocking were 18" down the center spine and 44" in wingspan.  I  didn't want to increase the wingspan, however I wanted to block out the ending triangles to be a bit pointier.  The dimensions after blocking were 22" down the center spine and still 44" in wingspan.  I am quite pleased with the whole enterprise.  I could see knitting another one in fingering weight in Mini Mochi or Noro Silk Garden or Kureyon Sock.

I remembered I had another skein of Taiyo in my stash saved for the Taiyo One Skein bag.  Since I enjoyed knitting with the Taiyo so much, I decided to knit this bag as a fast food knitting project.

No comments: