A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What's on my hooks and needles...

In preparation for my upcoming Top Down Hats class at Westport Yarns, I designed this slouchy hat with a picot edging on the brim.
The yarn, Juli, has very subtle sparkly bits woven in.
Here are the fingerless gloves I designed in time for the Rhinebeck Sheep & Wool festival. The yarn is from Creatively Dyed Yarns. The pattern is going to be available for fingering, sport, and dk weight yarns. I need 3 people to test the pattern; one for each weight yarn. The first 3 people to respond will have first dibs on testing the pattern. The pattern is perfect for hand painted yarn. Please email me at pam@stitchandchat.com, if you're interested.I love how the sample beaded scarf came out (for my upcoming bead as you knit class). It was a lot of fun to knit and the beads really make the whole thing look extra special.
Margaret came up with a great idea for the Queensland Mist yarn. Creating reverse stockinette/stockinette stripes alternating the mist and Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool XL. I acted on her vision and designed a hooded cowl for the store. It will be a free pattern (with purchase of the yarn).

What's next you may ask?

A crocheted beaded scarf, socks in the same pattern stitch as the fingerless gloves, and then I think it's time to make a sweater.

No comments: