A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Rhinebeck 2011 - The Patterns & People

On Sunday we planned it right and went to the park an hour before it opened. You can park and wait just inside. Here we were standing amidst the other early birds. Nancy wanted to shout out that cashmere was on sale to see what happened ;). You should have seen the look on the security guard's face when all the people were streaming by. We warned him that we all had pointy sticks. He told us he was staying still. Smart man.
One of the things I like most about going to Rhinebeck is the parade of designs of the other people and all the samples in the Vendor booths.
Some of the designs were things already in my queue. This is the Flared Lace Smoke Ring. Every time I see it I like it and I'm always surprised that it's the same pattern.
I bought the pattern for Damson last year at Rhinebeck. Looks like I'm going to have to move it up on the queue.
The Juneberry Triangle is especially pretty up close and personal.
I saw the February Lady Sweater on just about everyone there. It was like a crazy cartoon episode. There were people who knit it with cap sleeves, 3/4 sleeves, long sleeves, solid colors, tonal, and variegated yarns. I definitely loved seeing it in all its incarnations. These 2 ladies were on line at the Sanguine Gryphon right next to each other, wearing the same sweater. They were kind enough to pose for a picture for me.
I don't know what the name is for this one, it's probably in my notes somewhere. Pretty, isn't it? I think the name might have had wings in the title.---Found it, Maplewing Shawl.
Whenever I stopped someone to admire what they were wearing, they were always happily forthcoming with the name of the pattern and the yarn. This was called Honey Cowl, the woman knit it with Koigu.
This shawl is called Thin Ice and the yarn was dyed by Tempted Yarns. It was totally eye catching.
I ran into my friend Jennifer, wearing the Boho Cowl. It was designed by Margaret at Westport Yarns.
We ran into these ladies all over the fairgrounds on Wednesday. They are wearing the Catkin shawl. Very cool looking.
I bought this pattern, Herbivore. I like patterns that allow me to use variegated yarns and not worry about losing the pattern stitch in the yarn or having the yarn overwhelm the pattern.
I liked this one too, Wrap Me Up by Knitting At Knoon. It goes in all different directions and can incorporate different yarns. It looked really cool in Creatively Dyed Yarns.

I need a few extra hours in the day to get cracking on all these great designs.



No comments: