A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Friday, July 8, 2011

A Swatching We Will Go

It's almost unheard of. In fact I think it is unheard of with the exception of when my mother bought me one project at a time.
I've got one project going. It boggles my mind. How did this happen? I'm enjoying the Corinne sweater and the pattern is mindless so it's an easy project to take with me. The yarn is Rowan Wool Cotton which I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying knitting with.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Michelle is ready to start another team-project (she's nearly done with Corinne). We decided on the pattern Gypsy by C2knits. I sorted through my stash and have two contenders:
Berroco Bonsai, a shimmery ribbon yarn
and Kollage Temptation. This yarn is a little thicker than the pattern and I thought I'd swatch it anyway.
While sorting through my stash I found one sad Eyelet Cardigan from several years ago. I stopped knitting it because the needle broke. Yes I had others, that's beside the point. I felt it necessary to replace it with that particular brand. It was from the Plymouth Sister Set. I got the replacement and put it somewhere safe. Never a good plan. I couldn't find that needle for years. The yarn is Blue Sky Organic Cotton.

So now I'm faced with a conundrum. It's possible my gauge on this pattern will have changed. I have knit 1 1/2 sleeves. My sister suggested I put in a life line and knit on the 1/2 sleeve and see if my gauge changed rather than ripping back the whole thing. I like this plan.

I also want to get started on the samples for my fall classes...

So, a swatching I will go.

No comments: