A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday's Stitch and Chat

Lois brought in a hat her daughter, Sarah is knitting. Sarah has taught herself Intarsia. She's doing a lovely job and I love her yarn choices.
Lois is 2/3 of the way done with the body of her shell that she's knitting in Zara yarn. She had to change to a smaller needle (for waist shaping) part way through the body. Lois told us that she did something unheard of, she read the directions! It was a novel approach, I grant you. That was how she learned that she had to change needle sizes. The shell has lace in the top part of the shell. That will be next week's plan.
Michelle and Mary are both taking my Mamy Bag class at Westport Yarns. I asked Michelle to focus on her hexagons this past week and take a break from her other projects. Namely the Jordan sweater we are doing together. I'll admit I had an ulterior motive. I needed to catch up!

Now I'm caught up and although she's a sleeve ahead of me, I feel better!


Mary finished 36 hexagons for her
bag. She only needs 12 more.







Mary started a scarf with Katia Ondas, one of the novelty yarns that have come out this season. There are a couple of different types. You knit into the mesh.
It's a really unique yarn. Quite a departure from "normal" yarn.
Elizabeth is in the midst of Part Two of the Summer Mystery Shawlette. Her yarn is gorgeous, it's from Black Bunny Fibers. It's called Superwash Merino Classic, fingering weight, color #23 Independence Hall. It's going to block out beautifully!
Lauren has decided to stick with the knit stitch for now. She was switching between her knit cowl and a k2p2 ribbed scarf. The trouble was when she switched from the ribbed scarf to her knit cowl, she was turning the cowl around and knitting on the wrong side or purling on the right side.

No comments: