A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Knowing When to Let Go

My limited diet of four projects at a time has made me more critical when one of those four projects lies idle for an extended period of time. If I'm not working on it regularly then I'm not enjoying it. If that's the case, it's taking up space that I could happily plug in another project.
This is what has happened to the Hexagon Tee I cast on for in April. I think the concept is brilliant and the pattern is well written. I'm just not as "into it" as I thought I would be.
Rather than stash it somewhere to hibernate, I'm just going to frog it.

All this retrospection led me to do a clean out/organize my studio (a/k/a my dining room). Anyone that has walked by this room has commented that, "it looks like a yarn store exploded in here". I think they are exaggerating just a little bit.

I'm also creating a "yarn to giveaway" bag. Like when you clean out a closet, if you haven't worn it in two years, out it goes... if I haven't considered what I'd make with it in two years, out it goes.

I may organize a swap meet at Westport Yarns. So far it's mostly self-striping sock yarn. If anyone is interested, let me know.

On another note, look what ninja knitter made

She knit a gift for someone she works with. The yarn is called Baby Milk and is really soft, she enjoyed working with it. The pattern is my Welcome Baby Gift Set. I love that she chose to knit a gift for someone!

No comments: