A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Weekend Update

In anticipation of a traveling weekend I carefully packed things I wanted to finish so I wouldn't be distracted. These also happened to be more portable projects too. Rarely have I knit myself through my traveling knitting.
In anticipation of my Top Down Girls Sweater class (and I needed a baby gift), I knit up another Chloe sweater by Never Not Knitting. I knit up almost half of it during my nieces Spring Concert. The other half was finished after a day of buses and visiting colleges.
I finished the second Monkey sock by Cookie A. This sock was fun to knit. A great beginning lace pattern for sock knitters. After the first or second repeat of the pattern rows it was easy to memorize. Since the pattern is stretchy it seemed to knit up a little faster. This is another class starting up next week.
I started another Twist and Shout, in a new yarn we got in called Schulana Macaibo. I tried this one out with a provisional cast on that I'm now ready to graft closed.

See what I mean? I very nearly finished all my traveling knitting before I was done traveling.

We visited two yarn stores in our travels. The Yarn and Fiber Co in Derry, NH and Ewe'll Love It in Nashua, NH.
At Ewe'll Love It I picked up 2 skeins of Manos to add to my collection of colors for a future Manos Sampler Afghan. I finally wised up and I carry a little collection of the colors I have so far in case I find Manos yarn. The colors are a combination jewel tones/autumn colors.
I couldn't visit NH and not call upon my friend Ann. Recently she told me she was making buttons with clay (I can't remember the name of the clay). I teased her that she needed to make purple and teal buttons. She surprised me with this lovely assortment of buttons. I must make a sweater around these buttons to do them justice. Thanks, Ann!
Ann and I visited the Bead Patch in Manchester, NH. I started grouping the shawl patterns that call for beads together in my Ravelry queue. I brought several different projects in hopes of finding beads. I came away with pretty blue beads with a purple center. They match beautifully with the Sereknity Silk-Linen Lace.
The pattern I'm going to knit is Abrazo by Susanna IC. Now that I'm home I'm going to focus my attention on my crocheted summer bag, the hexagon petal tee, and since I finished my sock I can start the Radian Yoke sweater.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Yeah! My buttons are famous!
The Twist and Shout scarf is so pretty in person and looks really easy as well.

It was fun seeing you two.