A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weekend Update

My project time management worked for 2 out of the 3 projects.
15 out of 43 hexagons completed for the Mamy Bag. I only missed one day of my 2 hexagons/day goal and that's because I was intent on finishing the Summit Shawl in time to give it to the Westport Yarns finisher for blocking.

Finished! Very interesting method to this pattern. I marvel at some of the things people can design. The unblocked size is 12.5" x 46". The designer's shawl was 20" x 66" blocked. I don't know if the finisher will be able to get those dimensions. The yarn is Misti Alpaca Tonos Pima Silk and the pattern is the Summit Shawl from Knitty.
I didn't do a thing with this project. I really wanted to start my Miley Tee (next picture).
Michelle and I started on our Miley Tees by Cheri Christian. We are both knitting with Mirasol Nuno a really deliciously soft yarn with interesting colors. We've swapped color choices for this project. I'm working in green and she's working in purple. It' Freaky Friday only with Colors. This is a top down t-shirt and I have a feeling she's knit on way past me. Of course she didn't have project time management to deal with.


No comments: