A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Block(ing) Party

In keeping with my new found resolve to finish projects, I've been working steadily on the squares for my Lizard Ridge Afghan and Crocheted Swirl Shawl. I consider it controlled multitasking. With all the snow days we've been having, I'm nearly done with the squares. The closer I get to finishing all the squares, the faster I'm knitting them. (Cue Wicked Witch of the West music.)
I thought it'd be a good idea to begin blocking them so when I finished the last square, I could get right down to finishing. I'm looking forward to playing around with the squares for the right positioning (not looking forward to the sewing).
After blocking the first set of 8 (out of 24 squares), I thought I'd compare a blocked square to an unblocked square to see if it was really necessary to block them. Yes, I was looking for a way out of blocking. Clearly it does make a difference.
The crocheted swirl shawl is pinned out and blocking. The next step is the mesh edging. I love swirly shawl patterns.

Time to knit the last 2 squares!

No comments: