A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Friday, January 28, 2011

At the Yarn Buffet

So if you went to a yarn buffet, what yarns/fibers would you be drawn to first? Imagine you have approximately 40 choices and the clock is running. Well, Westport Yarns had a Yarn Tasting last Thursday night featuring Cascade Yarns and those were the kind of choices we were faced with.
I made this (very cool) chart and hopefully you can read it. When I made the chart I realized that all but one of the yarns I tried were dk.

It was a great success and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. In answer to my own question, some yarns I tried because other people were enjoying them and other yarns I tried because of the fiber content.

No comments: