A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, December 20, 2010

A Weekend Full of Knitting and Family

My husband gave me the best surprise for my birthday. He got my sister to come in with my nieces and surprise me. It was awesome. The weekend was full of indulgent foods, good wine (no diet this weekend) and knitting.
Top of the list was helping my sister map out her Quadrephenia Sweater. We had seen it at the Inaugural Fiber Festival at the Big E.
She knit several combination's and we moved them around like puzzle pieces until we got the right combination.

She helped me narrow down what sweater pattern to knit and with what (stashed) yarn. That's a story for another day.

I finished the second pop-up paw in Aslan Trends Royal Alpaca. The yarn was really nice to knit with. I just have to add the buttons. She wants dinosaur buttons. Yes, dinosaur buttons. For real.

Before I started another holiday gift I segued into just for fun knitting. I began knitting the
"Design 29 Vest" by Jenny Watson featured in the Noro Designer Mini-Knits booklet. The pattern calls for a worsted weight yarn. I'm using Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Chunky so I've had to adjust the numbers along the way. I love how the colorway, Magic Flute, is working up.
One of my daughter's friends decided she wanted to learn. I love that!
My sister brought me a hand knit/felted fortune cookie and 2 hand made fused glass buttons in our new favorite color, teal. Kind of looks like a pearl on a shell. I'll have to think of a sweater to knit for the buttons!
Next holiday gift to knit is my Runway Cabled Headband...




No comments: