A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Warm Hands, Warm Heart

As I was thinking about a catchy title for this post (about hand warmers) the expression "cold hands, warm heart" came into mind. I decided to type in "warm hands, warm heart" into the Google bar and see what came up. Would you believe there was a whole study dedicated to how people's reaction to other people can be tempered by whether they are holding something cold or warm?! Here's a link to the study if you're curious.
I finished Thing #1's Fiddly Mitts. The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash Sport. I'm really happy with how they came out.
I have to knit the pop-up parts on this mitten and then the second one. The yarn is Aslan Trends Royal Alpaca, it's really soft.
I changed gears slightly and began working out the pattern for my crocheted fingerless gloves class in January. The yarn is Trapper by Stacy Charles. It's really nice to work with.

Three and a half more holiday gifts left to knit then I can pick something for fun.

2 comments:

knitting central said...

i LOVE Trapper yarn. did you use it single or double?

Pam said...

I used it single.