A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, December 27, 2010

Hand Knit Holiday

I literally put the finishing touches on everyone's holiday knit gift the day we were exchanging gifts. It was madness though, they were all up earlier than usual. Good thing they don't pay much attention to what I'm working on.
My husband liked is booties. I have to order suede bottoms for them so he doesn't go slip sliding.


She wanted one of my Runway Head Bands; knit in Spud & Chloe Outer. Last year she asked for one of my Herringbone Hats; knit in Tahki Torino Bulky.






G liked her convertible mittens, knit in Cascade 220 Sport Weight. I'm not above gift wrapping skeins of yarn; the promise of sparkly socks.





L was not keen on pictures. She is, however, enjoying her Pop-up Paws. I knit them in Aslan Trends Royal Alpaca.




After seeing the kid's Pop-up Paws/Convertible mittens, he'd like one. I'm leaning toward making them in the Royal Alpaca. It was a pleasure to work with.

I have one more gift to finish, thankfully I have a few days more to get it done. It's a classic ribbed scarf in Sublime Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK.
Align Center

No comments: