A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Yarn Play

Yesterday the family plan for the day was to take a trip to Ellis Island. My brother-in-law is visiting and (understandably) likes to see the sites. I've been to Ellis Island twice for kid field trips. My kids have been there several times as well. It's a really interesting place, especially when you have relatives who entered the country through Ellis Island.

I figured that it was a beautiful day and there would be lots of knitting time...car, boat, etc. While I was packing enough knitting projects to last me a week long trip (must have my options), my husband gave me an out. I tread carefully to make sure he seriously didn't mind my not going. He didn't, the girls bailed, and he went off for the day with his brother.
It was an absolutely stunning day. The temperature was perfect. I set myself up with snacks, beverages, knitting, and a book tape. What a perfect day!
I played with Cocco yarn. Mary knit with this type of yarn last year. It's unique and creates a soft scarf that looks like pom-poms.
I worked up a sample for the store that's a free pattern with purchase of the yarn. Margaret loved it when I brought it into the store today. (I'm going to give it to her ultimately.)I'll be teaching a one session workshop on how to knit with this yarn in October. (It'll be up on the schedule any day now.)
My new neck warmer pattern is done. I finished sewing the buttons on. It only takes 108 yards of bulky yarn, preferably variegated. The pattern is available at Westport Yarns and I'll have a link to it in a day or so. It's a really quick knit, great for holiday gifts.

No comments: