A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What's on my hooks and needles.

I recently finished knitting the Zephyr Shawl in 2 yarns from Great Adirondack, a mohair and a sequined yarn. The yarn does all the work in this pattern. Patti's colors are just outstanding.
No, I'm not going for the Flashdance look. My daughter asked for a wide boat neck sweater. She was home this weekend and I was able to try it on her for size and armhole depth. I'm going to pick up and knit a slim k1p1 neckline. Hindsight being 20/20, I would've done a provisional cast on. Live and learn. I am loving working a sweater top down. I'm beginning to feel about it the same way I feel about toe up socks. Allows for flexibility in fit. The yarn is Cascade Ultra Pima.
I began a broomstick crochet scarf for the class I'm teaching tonight. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Pearl.
Otherwise, I have my secret squirrely project. I will share the color with you. This dark teal is my new purple. Great jewel tone colors in yarn this fall.

What's on your hooks and needles?

No comments: