A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, June 21, 2010

And you say you're not a knitter.

Juanetta joined us today for the first time and brought along a crocheted baby blanket she's working on. I met Juanetta at a class I was teaching at Westport Yarns.
Mary wore her "Soft & Drapey Shrug" that she knit in Cadiz, Artyarns Silk Pearl, and Artyarns Beaded Pearl & Sequins. She found it wasn't staying on her shoulders well, so she improvised a chain closure with a necklace. I love her problem solving skills.
She finished all the squares for her Sublime Funky tote bag in Sublime Extrafine Merino. She's going to block them (under the sofa cushions where her sons sit) and then either sew or crochet them together. All the square colors are striped in the knit handle. We talked about how you would never think to put some of the colors together and yet they go really well.
We are both losing momentum on are Shore Cardigans. Mary had decided a while back that hers was going to be a vest. I'm inclined to do the same. A. I'm not sure I'd like horizontal stripes around my arms. B. By the time I'm done with the bodice, I'm going to want to be completely done. We've set a knitting goal for this week, you know like we're knitting buddies to motivate ourselves to complete the sweater. That reminds me...I have to knit on mine.
Linda has come to the conclusion that she is a serial knitter. Her first foray back into knitting was the Wonderful Wallaby and she knit 5 of them. Then after a brief hiatus spent knitting a generic baby sweater and a shrug for her daughter, she's back and this Chloe pattern is next.
She finished the sweater this week. We discovered these ladybug buttons, which were perfect. Linda is going to knit a second one next!

No comments: