A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Saturday, May 15, 2010

WIPS & FO's

Since I didn't work last weekend, I immersed myself in my knitting (let's just say when I write knitting I mean knitting and/or crocheting). It put me in a good place in a couple of projects and I'm happy to be able to start a couple of new ones!
I worked on the Crazy Quilt Pillow/Bag for 3 hours on Mother's Day and have one more section before finishing. I've started working on a garter gusset for the bag in Berroco Suede yarn. My goal is to be done with the knitting on this before tomorrow because I want to take Jane's next class, Lacey Hooded Cowl starting tomorrow.
Next up in the hit parade...

I finished the bottom of the Shore Cardigan by Mission Falls. I diligently made myself weave all the ends in before blocking it. Next I have to pick up stitches for the bodice.

I questioned Elizabeth and Laura about the merits of sewing a lining to cover the woven in ends (they will sit on the top and bottom of the piece when it's all together). Since I don't like sewing and this will add more work before more knitting, I'm choosing not to line it. I only thought about lining it if it would be "good" for the sweater. You really won't be able to see the ends. Maybe I'll get a little tag for the sweater that says "if you can see these ends, you are too close to the sweater".
I finished crocheting the Barcelona Shawl by Kristin Omdahl. Doesn't it look like a snow angel? I have to weave in the ends and sew the panels together. I'm teaching a class on this shawl next month.
I finished my All Shawl by Doris Chan. I used Ellyn Coopers Grand Crinkle yarn. I've had it in my stash for 3+ years since the Knit Together days. I only had 700 yards so on the very last row of the lace I had to modify it a bit so I wouldn't be short yarn. I'm really happy with it and love how the yarn colors play out.

I'm using stash yarn for the All Shawl and Crazy Quilt and it feels great to use up stash. My goal is to have a 2 to 1 ratio of stash projects to new yarn projects. We'll see how that goes. I'm not very disciplined in the face of new yarns.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Ha! Sweater bumper stickers, I like it.
Make them generic "If you can see the mistakes..." and I'll split the cost with you.
:-)

Pam said...

I'm in!