A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Starting Frenzy

Having just finished the Barcelona Shawl which was a big project and the crazy quilt pillow/bag, I was ready to start some new projects.
Now that I've finished the lace short rows in Not Just Plain Jane's Lacey Hooded Cowl, it's a reasonable 8 row pattern repeat and she's provided a neat little chart to check off your completed rows.

I have to get Michelle on track with the Not Just Plain Jane Renaissance Poncho before I can start mine. I'm borrowing her #9 16" circular needles when she's done with the initial rounds.
I'm working on the garter gusset for my crazy quilt pillow/bag and I started the back. It's very easy mindless stuff and I'm continuing to use up all the odds and ends. Very eco-friendly of me, recycling yarn and all.

So, why did I feel something was missing? I needed fun, colorful yarn to play with. This pattern called "Slant on Nature" by Knit One Crochet Too was featured in the Knit 'N Style April 2008 issue and I saved it until the right yarn came along. It did. Noro Furin. a worsted weight blend that is 52% Cotton, 17% silk, 17% wool, 9% Rayon, and 5% Nylon. This is happy yarn.
I started this short sleeved cardigan yesterday and I am enjoying it immensely. It's done on the diagonal and I love seeing the colors play out.

I will be rotating projects for now.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Apparently everyone has too many projects at the moment.