A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Friday, March 26, 2010

Don't you love when a plan comes together?

I think the best comment of the week was after Lois learned how to knit a cabled decrease and she said, "It looks like the picture; this is a great day!" Go Lois!
Diane finished her crocheted notions bag knit in Ritratto, the button is from Moving Mud.

Margarita worked on her shawl from the Chicks with Sticks.

Michelle is almost done with the second front on her Minnowknits China Doll Pattern.

Michelle and I are going to knit the Springtime Bandit Shawl together.  She's knitting hers in Rowan 4 ply.  I haven't decided what I'm going to knit it in.

and lastly, Michelle is in the home stretch of her cable paneled blanket for her grandson.  She started it 9 months ago.  Because she's knitting it to fit a twin size bed, it became a little tedious.  On top of that, when she stopped by Westport Yarns to get an opinion on placement of the strips, we all agreed it needed one more panel.  It's knit in Berroco Comfort Worsted.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Um, color me stupid, but I've been knitting for (oy!) 50 years and have never heard of a cabled decrease. I've tried googling for online tutorials, but have had no luck. Is this something in everyone else's bag of tricks, and I never got the postcard?
Elaine