A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Changing of the Seasons

With the first spring breezes, I feel the desire to knit light weight items.  The store is filling up with bright and beautiful cotton, silk, and bamboo yarns.  Spring knitting/crocheting magazines have begun to arrive with lace shawls, shells, and cardigans.

I've begun reviving projects I put in long-term parking for the fall/winter season.  Here is part of a crocheted vest that I'm designing.  The pressure is on because Michelle, Mary and Elizabeth have their yarn already.  The yarn is Aslan's Pima Classico cotton.
 
I knew exactly where the project was.  Unfortuantely I didn't put my notes or the hook with the project.  I hate when that happens.  It must be in the proverbial safe place that's so safe I can't find it. I had to go through all my crochet books and unravel some of it to figure out what the stitch was AND I had to swatch again.  That turned out to be a good thing, I changed to a larger hook.

I've been taking this Eyelet Cardigan out of parking and putting it back into parking for 3 years.  I think it's time I finished it.  The yarn is Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Cotton. 

Otherwise I think I'll do more lace and and some of Not Just Plain Jane's patterns.  I have the yarn for the Trillium Sweater and the Renaissance Poncho. 

No comments: