A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Friday, December 25, 2009

Cowlday

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you only work on one thing at a time. After all the holiday knitting, I chose a project that was just for me and fun.
I'd been looking forward to knitting the Infinity Cabled Cowl
by Dina Mor in Lobster Pot Cashmere.
I used the colors: cape sky, salt rose, hyacinth blue, and sea grass. It was a pleasure to knit with the lobster pot cashmere. The pattern has a fat, shifting cable. I chose to graft the cowl with the Kitchener stitch rather than a 3-needle bind off. Of course I was doing this while watching an action movie and had to pull out the Kitchener stitch, which if you've never had to do, be thankful. It is very tediousl
I soaked it in water and after squeezing out the excess water, wrapped it around my wooden swift to block it out. It should come out to be 44" and mine was a little shy at 40". For some reason my first skein I knit more tightly than I usually do.
Earlier this week I finished knitting the Eyelet Cowl from Vogue Holiday Knitting. I used Tahki Presto yarn, a bulky yarn. I took it down to #9 needle. In the last pattern repeat, I increased by 8 stitches, making it 2" wider at the bottom. I'm very pleased with the result. The yarn was really interesting and the pattern was easy to memorize.

Whatever will I work on tomorrow?!


No comments: