A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Friday, November 27, 2009

Holiday Knitting

In between basting the turkey and preparing out Thanksgiving meal, I'd knit a few rows of my Starry Lace Scarf, knit in Ellyn Cooper's Zohar's Sock Yarn. I got this at Rhinebeck last year and love this colorway.
We got this cool new yarn at Knitting Central that I fell in love with, Presto by Tahki. It's got all my favorite components: textured, variegated, and interesting colorways. Each shade has unique threads plied with the yarn. I worked all morning on an idea for a neckwarmer. Everyone I showed it to, from my dh, daughter and the women I work with had the same input. It was rolling over and under and took away from the cable.
I'm going to rip it out and start over. Aside from the rolling business, I got some interesting suggestions. After all the holiday knitting I've been doing I needed to play with some yarn that had no intended purpose as a gift.

Ninja knitter decided to knit herself another Flap Happy Hat. She knits really well and it's been a pleasure to sit and knit with her. Her Dad even complimented how neat her stitches were.
She's knitting it in Tahki Torino Bulky. She created a cool striping sequence.

Now it's time to begin knitting another gift. I have to choose between socks for dh, slipper boots for Thing #1 and Thing #2, and a Giant Cabled Infinity Cowl. I have a feeling it's going to be the cowl and/or socks. I don't like knitting the slipper boots so I'll procrastinate on that one.

I'm knitting it in Tahki Torino Worsted and have a skein of black to add to this. I just have to decide the order of the colors.

No comments: