A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New Projects

I started a pair of socks from the Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarns by Carol Sulcoski. The socks are by Carol Sulcoski too, the "Switcheroo Socks". I'm knitting them in Blue Moon Fiber Rts Jubliation colorway. The only thing I don't like is that I had to go down to a 00 to get gauge. Thanks goodness for Elizabeth.
I got most of these yarns at Rhinebeck last year and pulled them out of the bag and fell in love with them all over again. I'm looking through my stash for solid yarns that work with these yarns. I'm thinking of knitting them in Not Just Plain Jane's Demi Shawl pattern. It has a great shape, stays on the shoulders and really showcased yarns beautifully.

No comments: