A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Vacation Knitting

Most knitters/crocheters spend more time figuring out what projects they are going to bring than they do what clothes. I'm no exception! I spent a couple of hours deciding what to bring. Of course I brought far more than I could ever work on in the time we're away. I am giving it my all though!
I'm almost done with the socks I'm working on for thing #2. I did start these before I left. They are knit in Artyarns Supermerino in what I call Lily Pulitzer colors (pinks & greens). She just wants little ankle socks. I don't think any of them wear normal socks anymore. The pattern is one of my own for a "2 @ time, toe up, magic loop" class I teach at Knitting Central. I may have enough yarn leftover to make her fingerless gloves.
I've knit a couple more squares for the Knitted Sampler blanket I'm designing. I'm really enjoying trying out different stitches and it gets my mind wandering to new designs. The yarn is Blue Sky Alpacas Spud & Chloe yarn. I really like this yarn (wool/organic cotton ~ machine wash/tumble dry low).

I also started the Quartz Duster for daughter #1, that's going to go quickly.

Next up is a pair of socks based on the Knit One Below: One Stitch, Many Fabrics
Book, knit in Koigu Painters Premium Merino. I'm looking foward to starting these.

No comments: