A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Week in Review

Linda started her Soft & Drapey Shrug, knit in Leona and Bonsai. The colors look even better knit up than they did when she picked them out. She courageously started it on her own one rainy day with the help of an old Vogue reference book.
To quote Linda, "I might just be getting this". I agree. Wallaby #3 (out of 5) is 2/3 done.
Robin finished her (demented) bear. I don't think my little friend her knows what to make of the bear. I think the bear is cute. And, yes Robin, one eye looks like it's winking - we can fix that. :)
Michelle bought 2 skeins of Cape Cod Fibers, Lobsterpot Sox yarn (a Knitting Central exclusive). Same fantastic colors, merino/nylon blend. One skein amply makes a pair of socks and there is a free baby sweater pattern with purchase of the yarn. I had to buy a purple skein (hyacinth).
By Wednesday, Michelle had finished the back of her "Sine Cosine" sweater from Knitter's Summer '09 magazine. She's knitting it in Quartz and it's coming out beautifully.
I finished another Flap Happy hat for another baby gift set. I'm using what I have left from the last 3 hats I made. I'm going to need more of the dark blue if I'm to match this hat. I don't think I'll have enough otherwise. The yarn is Plymouth Jelli Beenz.

No comments: