A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, June 22, 2009

Travel Knitting

We had a family celebration to attend this weekend on top of Father's Day. So I needed several projects. I find I spend more time on what knitting to bring than what clothing I'm taking. I usually bring far more than I could possibly complete - because if I didn't have enough...well it wouldn't be pleasant for anyone near me that's for sure.
One was tech knitting a sock pattern in progress (for while we were driving and no one was really talking). I'm working on 2 different sizes on magic loop, one with a pattern stitch and one stockinette. The yarn is Artyarns Supermerino.
The second was my "talking" knitting. I need to make 3 hats for a baby gift. Not for triplets; a hat for the new baby and hats for the big brothers. I used my Flap Happy Hat pattern and am knitting with Plymouth Jelli Beenz. I got one hat done and well into the second.
Gotta love car rides. On the way home we had a slight delay as people "rubbernecked" at 2 people trying to coerce a turtle from playing in traffic. The person on the left has a folding chair and the person on the right has an umbrella. it was a feisty turtle, we could see it snapping as they tried to maneuver it off the road. It was entertaining to say the least. Reminded me of a circus act.

No comments: