A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Friday, April 10, 2009

A Weekend with Lucy Neatby

I had the great pleasure to take 3 classes with Lucy Neatby at Knitting Central. Her style of teaching was easy going and humorous. The class was balanced between Lucy herself teaching and clips from her teaching videos.

There was an all day class entitled, "Even Cooler Socks", and they were. I learned many exciting techniques that I am looking forward to trying out.

On Saturday, in the morning there was an introduction to Intarsia. I just might break out the intarsia pattern I've had in my stash for 20 year. I feel empowered to knit it now, having learned so much in her class.
In the afternoon, I took a class on "dabble into double". This is one technique I have never tried and I am fascinated by it now.

If I were ever even to consider a tatoo, it would be something like this. (Never going to happen, however...) I love how Lucy's "happy stitches" are every where.

No comments: