A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yay! My moo cards have arrived. I’m so excited. Have you heard of Moo cards? I first learned of them from one of the customers at the store. She gave them out and I thought they were so cool. Then Jennifer aka majorknitter got them (and I got a card with a picture of one of my favorite knits of hers),and two weeks ago Elizabeth got them. I love this sweater. I couldn’t stand it anymore; I wanted my own moo cards. (You know the feeling, kind of like the girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory who said "I want an oompa loompa and and I want it now". I went on Flickr and ordered them.

For those of you unfamiliar with Flickr, it’s a photo hosting site, like an online photo album. One of the gimmicks you can do with your photos are moo cards. They are mini calling cards that are about 1.5 x 2.5 inches big.

So, as promised, here are the steps in making moo cards:
1. set up Yahoo account, then...
2. set flickr account (you’ll see it alphabetically on the left of the yahoo home page.
3. Upload pix to flickr
4. Click on the link for moo cards.
5. I got the mini cards set.
6. Then it will populate the upper screen with your flickr images. You drag any pix you want in a flickr card to the bottom part. You can as many as 100 different cards. If you have less than that many, then you’ll just have more copies of some of the cards.
7. Then there is a cropping screen, it’s pretty self explanatory.
8. You get to put what you want on the back, name, etc.
9. Then complete the transaction and in about 10 days you’ll get them and can hand them out to all your friends!!

It's like when we were kids and we'd collect each other's school pix, of course then we were at a loss at what to do with them. I won't dwell on that. Right now I'm happy with my moo cards and their little key chain carrying case. I'll finish where I started, yay! Sometimes it's the simple things.

No comments: